By Dr Yash Gulati
How does over-exercise hurt the physique?
Although doing train is an effective factor, some folks generally tend to over-exercise even when their physique doesn’t enable them. This overtraining syndrome (OTS) is related to some severe well being penalties. This will embrace:
- Overuse harm /repetitive stress harm/acute and continual Accidents
- Hormonal dysfunction
- Impaired metabolism
- Poor immunity
- Elevated cardiovascular stress
What constitutes over-exercise?
It’s principally encountered in these people who go from not exercising in any respect to making an attempt it too aggressively to get into form or to shed pounds. Additionally, it doesn’t rely on the amount of train, it’s primarily depending on growing the depth too shortly.
Additionally Learn: Will health AI and automatic trainers take the wellness trade by storm?
How does one know when the physique is being stretched dangerously?
A pointy or stabbing ache signifies that muscle tissue are stretched past capability.
What’s the splendid quantity of train for a mean human?
- Youngsters and youth aged 5–17 years ought to do at the very least 60 minutes of reasonable to vigorous-intensity bodily exercise every day.
- Adults aged 18–64 years ought to do at the very least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity bodily exercise all through the week
- Adults aged 65 years and above ought to do at the very least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity bodily exercise all through the week
What are the alarming signs of over-exercise?
- Muscle soreness for greater than three days
- Decreased immune response
- Elevated accidents
- Fixed fatigue and low power
- Improve in resting coronary heart fee
Dr Yash Gulati is senior guide, orthopedics & joint substitute, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi